Franschoek to Johannesburg

Franschhoek has been wonderful. If I could do things again, I would scratch staying at Africa's version of Disneland. Nxbega, and stay another few days here instead. (I'll write up a post on Nxbega later with pictures...but...it was just too much at the end. SO cheesey and SOOO expensive!!)

Even though I'm staying in the Winelands...I haven't actually visited a vineyard. The weather has been a bit too cold...and I've been really liking going out, walking to a nearby breakfast cafe, coming back to the guest house I'm staying at, napping, reading, and then walking to a nearby restaurant for supper. Maybe it's the chilly weather that has me lazy....or maybe I'm just really good at being lazy.

This afternoon, I'm FINALLY going to a spa and getting a pedicure, then getting picked up and driven back to the Capetown airport, flying to Johannesburg and then spending the night at the same place I did my first couple of nights here. I think I'll be spending some time at the blackjack table - I went the last time and had such a fun time! It seriously reminds me of Vegas!

Kind of boring post...but I think my brain cells are sleeping because of too much (great) South African wine.

[Also.....I'm trying to download a picture compression software (if anyone knows of a good free one, please let me know) so that I can upload more pictures from my trip.]

No comments:

Post a Comment