Leopards and Lions

Wow, I have truly been sucking at getting my African Adventure Part 2 posts up!!! I still have quite a few animals to cover!!

Next up on the animal pictures are leopards and lions! (I know...I know...my creative title skills suck lately....)

I saw these guys on my last night at Elephant Valley Lodge. What a great way to leave this place!

The guides were great and tracked down these leopards
This guy (or gal?) was pretty brave and let us take pictures. Hope I didn't blind him with my flash!!
He stayed for about half an hour or so....gave us some great poses....
and then he was off....
And lions! I think we saw at least one lion every day...
..sometimes closer than I would have liked....
These ladies gave us some good photo ops, but apparently we annoyed them, because they growled at us! Pretty scary where your about five feet away with nothing in between you and them!
But they weren't that concerned....as soon as we started to drive away they went back to their regularly-scheduled afternoon nap...
And I loved this male lion! It looked like he was proffessional model here....
Look carefully and you'll see the lion. And then look at the bottom right hand of the picture. I had just finished taking a bush pee RIGHT there with the black part of the truck is. Luckily...I didn't see the lion...
Or I guess even more luckily...he didn't see me!!

1 comment:

  1. ...wow, it's a jungle out there...

    ReplyDelete