The Leap

I’m discovering that there are certain times in life that you have to take a leap, without really knowing what is waiting for you.

I did this almost a year ago, and it has been the craziest leap I HAVE EVER done in my life EVER. EVER.

I took a risk and took a new job, in a different country, speaking a different language, verrry far from home. Oh, and I made the decision to do it in about...three days. Sure, I had more time to fully make up my mind, but it was after two or three days that I decided to make this leap. Out of...essentially nowhere. Why? I have no idea. I could analyze the crap out of that one, come up with some logical theories, some spiritual theories, or wind up with a headache from thinking too hard.

Before I made up my mind, I thought about what I had to lose. Job? I’ve been jobless before. House? I’ve been house-less before (but not homeless. Which relates to my next point...). Friendless or without the love from my family? Not likely. So really...all I had was to gain. Yes, it was risky, but okay.

Although *at times* I can have a bit of a wild personality, I don’t ever think I’ve been a risk taker. I’m an accountant, for crying out loud. It’s all based on analysis, and essentially – debits equalling credits. Everything all balances out. And I like life like that. Everything is logical, makes sense, and balances out.

I’ve gone through the first year, making mistakes, going through the bumps of it all, but I’ve still gone through it. Maybe I’m being dramatic (shocking, I know), but I think my first year, living in a foreign country, meeting new people, changing my life COMPLETELY will be one of the hardest (and best) years of my life.

I’ve been asked so many times if I wish I could do anything different. There are times, where yes, I wish that I hadn’t moved here. That I hadn’t made the decision to come here and that I stayed in my nice little bubble life. And then I think to the amazing things that I’ve been able to do. And I’m not just talking about the jungle adventures here. I’m talking about what an amazing experience it is to be 29 years old, and to think I know how to live a life and get things done, and then to come HERE where I know NOTHING. I have to re-learn how to do simple things like... buy fruits and vegetables. When I first got here, I couldn’t even get to the grocery store by myself. And then I was timid and even scared. Clutching my purse.

I forget still sometimes, but it’s been an incredible experience to realize that I know pretty much nothing on “life”. And here I thought i was some kind of expert.

If I hadn’t taken this leap, believed that I can , I would have missed out on so much.

I’m not sure what’s in store for my future, but I want to worry less, take more risks in life, take a leap, and hope for the best.

Easy, right?

1 comment:

  1. Quite an analysis. We're all proud that you had the courage to step out of your box and reach out for new and different. Rest assured that no matter what comes next will another of life's lessons. Just keep reaching for the brass ring because your still the little engne that could. God Bless your heart honey. Love G&G xxoo

    ReplyDelete