Almost back home

It's Saturday & I've been travelling for roughly two days. Two trains from Belgium to France, one flight from Paris to Reunion, & then one flight from Reunion to Madagascar. Even though I'm travelling roughly half the distance that I would have if I had travelled back from Canada, it feels like a llooooooonnnnng time to be on trains, planes, & automobiles. & I'm up for my most hated flight yet. The next flight only has about 35ish seats, but it has horrible service, is massively cramped, & is usually made up of approx 80% people with some pretty ripe body odor.

But, on a positive note, what an incredible three weeks I've had. I've been in four different countries, six cities (I think?), and spoken three different languages (I spoke a bit of Spanish before and was able to pick up a tiny bit of Italian. I must go back to Italy).

& I'm sort of looking forward to going back to MG? It sounds so weird... I had one sort-of breakdown on vacation about how much I hated it there & was scared & anxious as to how my life was/has changed since moving there, & it's the same place that I miss when I'm gone for too long...
It will just be me for about a week since Sergio doesn't come back until Thursday, & it will be the first time I slept alone in my new house (....and I'm kind of looking forward to it).

My contract is officially up August 7, 2011, & I feel like the date is coming too soon. It's possible that I could renew for another year, but it isn't anything certain & I can't rely on that happening....so I want to enjoy the next 8 months as much as I possibly can. I can't get over that I only have 8 months left of my original contract. How is that even possible? It seems like yesterday that I was sitting in the Reunion airport for the first time, scared, freaking out, looking at the people around me in the airport & wondering if they would rob me & steal my purse, & then stepping off the plane to MG ground thinking I had entered a whole new world (which was actually pretty accurate)....

Anyway, this is a pretty random post, but I've been ignoring the blog lately. I either haven't had much to say, or have had so much to say that I don't know how to say it, or have been lazy, or have been on vacation.... I'll be posting a lot more pictures in the new couple of weeks (assuming I have internet connection at home, I just got an email letting me know that I didn't have any...) and more updates about what's going on in the fabulous world of MG.

1 comment:

  1. Did you cry in Belgium? Why do I even have to ask. Travel safely and phone when you can.
    LoveG@Gxxoo

    ReplyDelete