Lost in Rome

Last week was lost in Paris, this week, lost in Rome. I think I have been lost about a hundred and forty times in the last two days.

I've also eaten the MOST AMAZING PIZZA IN THE WHOLE WORLD, tasted the MOST AMAZING MUSHROOM IN THE WHOLE WORLD, and devoured MOST AMAZING TOMATO in the whole world.

How can a tomato and a mushroom rock my world so much???? I have NO idea!!! But they did. And my pizza??! At one point, I proclaimed that I was going to make love to my pizza. It was THAT fantastic.

This afternooon I had a cup of nutella gelato and it also rocked my world. It was so good I wanted to have a cigarette after eating it. It was just that incredible.

But there is more than just food in Italy (and here's hoping that I come back to MG the same weight that I left...), there is INCREDIBLE, amazing history. Yesterday we went to a tour of ancient rome that blew my mind, and today I went for a tour of the Vatican City (which didn't blow my mind but was still interesting).

I've somehow managed to buy TWO cameras. I bought one in Paris, only to find out that it was missing a battery. And after searching Rome high and dry for another battery and not being successful, I bought another camera - actually the same model as the one I bought in Paris. So..if anyone wants a Nikon Coolpix and wants to pay about 107 EUR for it...let me know... :S

We are staying at this....very old, very interesting hotel. It's... well... it's interesting. That's all I have to say at this moment and I'll post pictures of it as soon as I can. With one of my three cameras (I have a SLR that I like to use as much as possible, but it's just not feasible to lug it everywhere. It's TOO big!)

I'm just in the hotel lobby waiting for Sergio to join me. Then it's off for supper, I'm hoping that we'll go back to the restaurant with the most amazing mushrooms and tomatoes...

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Rome! The most exciting thing we;ve done this week is put up our Christmas lights and tree. Some how that doesn't quite compare. Enjoy every everyone. Love G&Gxxoo

    ReplyDelete