Quick weekend post

Well, it turns out Sergio Louis' family isn't made of monsters after all and the family meet-and-greet went pretty good (we've been dating long enough that I can use his real name by now.. :) ).

Somehow, I managed to speak like, REALLY GOOD French (or so I was told every five to six minutes :P), and I think things went well. On top of that Quebec City is gorgeous, I had a super brunch this morning at this rotating restaurant with amazing views, and stayed in a suite in Le Chateau Frontenac, a place I visited when I was 13 and thought it was the fanciest hotel imaginable. I also managed to spend some time with Louis and his girls (that are pretty fun and super sweet....and we aren't all a-w-k-w-a-r-d together anymore), and see some of the city  chaos caused by the Red Bull Crash Ice weekend.

I was pretty nervous when I first met the entire family (about twenty or so, including children, all awaiting my arrival :S), but they are extremely likeable and combined with two glasses of wine, my nerves were calmed pretty quick.

I loved Old Quebec and wish I could have spent more time exploring. I brought out my camera this time, so I'll post some pictures as soon as I have a few minutes. For now....it's off to bed (after a very, very late night...or early morniing...) and back to running errands in Montreal tomorrow and Tuesday.

It feels like I've been gone from MG for like...EVER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment