Who is this brave freak!?

Sometimes I don't even know who I am anymore. For the most part, I've been pretty dedicated to taking at least 2 (short) runs a week. Last week was a little wacky because I wasn't feeling great, and I know 2 runs a week (sometimes 3) doesn't sound like a lot...but I totally lost my running mojo for like....a year so I'm happy that I'm back on the running wagon.
 

I got to the hotel last night around 22h00. I screwed around on the computer for a couple of hours...then decided my best course of action would be to go for a run. Here's where I really don't recognize myself. I used to (or still am?) super scared of the dark. Ok, I'm less significantly less scared now, I used to sleep with a nightlight and if it was dark outside (morning or night) I was alone, I would run to my car and most of the time be looking in my rear view mirror or backseat for monsters. I only wish I was joking.
 

So as I left my room last night, in the middle of the night, to go to the super quiet hotel gym (camera monitored), I had a flashback of Poltergyst. A movie that I watched by myself during the day when I was a teenager. I'm not sure which # the film was (1, 2, 3, or 30) but it took place in a hotel. I told myself to quit thinking about it, which sort of worked, but I still wasn't able to listen to my iPod with my earphones. I unplugged them, kept the gym door open (so that someone would hear if I was attacked by ghosts and/or monsters), and checked the mirror a few hundred times. Like seriously four years ago there is absolutely no way IN THE WORLD that I would ever, ever, ever do this. Like, you couldn't pay me to do this.
 
I will upload real pictures, but here's my test post to see how I can upload pics using the (illegal) IP address I paid for.

I thought if I half watched a Chinese game show, the mood would stay light and monster-free.

I kept thinking that if this was a North American take on a Chinese game show....you'd lose a finger (or more) for each wrong answer.
 Hard to tell, but that clock says 01h27. Officially my latest (or earliest) run ever.
 And to keep the mood light, on my cooldown I listened to Miley Cyrus and sang. I'm sure that the security peeps enjoyed watching this freak show on the security camera. Unfortunately, this would be the second most embarrassing footage of me this week :D
And then I stayed up until 04h30 playing on the computer and watching really, really, stupid TV shows (including the new Degrassi High...), and now I'm exhausted and it's only 11h00. I see more napping than exploring today...hopefully I'll perk up by this afternoon.

1 comment: