Christmas Day 2012 - in point form


  • DRAGged my butt out of bed. I think we were an hour late for work.
  • Worked until noon, and then go to the cafeteria for A SUPER AWESOME MEAL! Like, this never happens!! To actually ENJOY the food we're provided? Wow!
It was pretty funny because there was like a crowd of people surrounding the cutlery area. For Christmas....we got to use...REAL FORKS!!!!!!!! We usually get these forks that look like metal...and feel like metal...but if you use a little too much pressure to pick up your scrambled eggs...either the fork tines fall in weird angles, or the handle itself collapses. Our other option is plastic cutlery. Yesterday, there was this stir around the cutlery area and everyone around was holding up their forks saying, LOOK!! LOOK at the fork I got!! The thing is - I'm not joking. This is both sad...and hilarious.
  • Went back to our place and Louis worked for an hour or two.
  • Watched a few episodes of Mad Men. It's only taken me 3 years to start watching the series, but I love it.
  • Went to the Tropibar for a disappointing supper. Here we had just been spoiled with FORKS and good food...Oh, well. It was nice while it lasted!
  • Called my grandparents.
  • Cried like a fool in front of too many people. Cued the waterworks. I thought FOR SURE that if I called from the bar, there would be no tears. WRONG!!! Poor Louis - he just saw me coming back from the forest part, crying, handing him the phone. LOL. It's not that bad and I lived, but it's hard being away from my family.
  • Watched another TV show and went to bed. :) I haven't had a full night's sleep in a couple nights, so I was beat. I hope this phase passes, because I can't seem to sleep from 02h00 to 03h00.
Louis and I didn't really have any big like, gift opening or anything like that. I gave Louis ten small gifts 10 days before Christmas. The gifts were as small as a cool set of drumsticks or M&Ms (which I REPLACED!!) or these two cool things:

and


Louis ordered me some earrings from the most amazing jeweler in Tana....but unfortunately the execution didn't turn out to well...it's kind of a Malagasy thing!!! Oh well, every wife gets a few gifts that she exchanges, right?
Clipart

No comments:

Post a Comment