At the airport

It's not fun to say, but most times when I leave Edmonton, I'm haggered and exhausted, and kind of stressed. I try to cram in too many things and I fuss too much about who I want to see and what I want to do and it seems like I end with a list of ninteen hundred "to dos" and I haven't spent half of my time actually spending time with the people that I wanted to spend time with.

This time, I'm tired, but I'm leaving with my heart full of love and happiness. (Wow, that is incredibly hippy-sounding, but true).

Instead of running around, I made one day in one spot where everyone....well, sort of came to me. Those who could make it made it, and those who didn't, didn't. I had a few stressful moments because I planned a surprise photographer and a surprise "We are all wearing matching pajamas and then the proffessional photographer is taking a picture of us", but other than that, no stress. Love, family, friends, no running around. No errands. Spending time with the people I love that I don't get to see enough of.

I'm blessed with an amazing family and a few true friends that made my day and my visit to Edmonton sooo wonderful. I guess I have to give some credit to Louis and the girls, because without them, it wouldn't have been the same. Sometimes it's so hard to let go of what I think a "family" should be, and how I thought my own family would be. The family that I have, both old and new, is something that makes me a stronger person and so happy.

Best of all, I got to see for myself how my grandpa is doing. He hasn't had an easy go, but he's still my grandpa. And he's ok. And I'm confident more than ever that he'll just get better and better. More hurdles and setbacks for certain, but I know he's in good hands.

Thank you to everyone that's helped make this visit so special.