Because I'm me...

Because I'm me, I'm crying as I type this.

Because I'm me, somehow, for some reason that I don't know, I took my passport out of the place where I NEVER, EVER, EVER (Hi, TS!) take it out. Ok, now I'm not crying.

It's nearly 19h00.

I just came from a mad dash from my house, in constant prayer, that for some odd reason, my passport was in my office.

I couldn't find it.

I called Louis. Trying to figure out what to do. Trying to....I don't even know.

I've been seriously struggling since Thursday. On top of...I don't know, nerves, anxiety, or whatever, I've had the "Madagascar stomach". I started Cypro yesterday and am starting to feel better, but because of anxiety, nerves, whatever, Madagascar stomach, I haven't been able to eat.

Yeah. I need to get out of here.

I was planning on going home, lying in my bed, and freaking out until I fell asleep (or something equally as logical).

By accident, I knocked over a bunch of papers.

And because I'm me....you know what was under them. The papers I haven't touched in I don't know how long.

Because I'm me, it was there.

When I was younger and I was scared about something or worried about something, I would bribe God. Few people know this about me. So if I had to make a presentation and I didn't know how I'd get it...I'd pray, "Dear God. Please let me know throw up during this presentation. If you can help me with get through this, I'll donate $40 to charity".

I kid you not.

And at that time, well, even now, $40 is a lot, but when you're making less than $26,000/year, it's a lot, lot more than it is now.

So I'd go to McDonalds, or Tim Hortons, or that guy that shakes the bells at Christmas time, and put in the $40. Or $60 depending on the offense.

I'm pretty sure that bribing God goes against everything that he is, or anything like that, but I did it. Not that frequently, but frequent enough that I remember ordering Mcnuggets and trying to discreetly put in the $20 bill.

I didn't bribe God on my way here. I was that desperate. I'm not sure if I sound like an absolute basket case (which is sooooooooooo incredibly common the last week of people's sixth week here), but geez. There was a constant passport-finding-prayer going on for the last fifteen minutes.

I can't wait until I have a full night's sleep, a full belly (that gets to keep the food and properly digest it), well, screw that - I can't wait until I'm on the flight from Joberg to Frankfurt. And I'm looking forward to my heart rate returning back to like, sort of normal.

1 comment:

  1. Holy Crap! I have no idea how you can survive all that stress. I think God has intervened in your life and told Sherritt that you needed to return to normal for awhile. Please take a little time to relax and enjoy the Starbucks. And by the way we've all made deals with our Good Lord. Your not any different then the rest of us. At least you followed thru and paid up when you had to. God Bless you and have a safe trip home.Love G&Gxxoo

    ReplyDelete