Au Revoir


I thought I'd have more time during my week "off" before vacation (now, that doesn't sound weird at all) but I feel like I've either been running around....with the exception from yesterday where I spent most of the day in bed....nursing a pitiful hangover. One day I'll learn how to attend a dinner party AND count the number of glasses of wine I have. It was just not a pretty scene the next day. But the night was perfect. Spending it with the guy who actually got me to come here and his family. (OH, and Louis too!)

I don't know what I'm feeling. Last night I was a bit sad...kind of feeling weird that I'm not going to see Louis for some time...but on the other hand, this morning feels kind of normal. I'm used to leaving this place and I'm sort of (ok, not really) used to being away from Louis for two weeks at a time.

I have no idea what's going to happen in the next few months. Or year. Well, I guess no one does, but most of us like the stability of knowing that our routine won't change. (I'm one of them).

Louis is spending the morning with me and then I'm leaving around noon. I'll fly to Tana, Joberg, and then end up in Cape Town for a few days before I go and drink the yoga koolaid.

I'll miss everyone here a lot. Luckily I think I'll see a few people here or there...cause the world isn't as big as it seems sometimes.

Last night I sent out a quick goodbye email to the department I used to work in, and I came across a quote that seemed to fit perfectly.


“Some people enter our lives and leave almost instantly….Others stay, forge an impression on our heart and soul, and we are changed forever”. (Author Unknown)

 
I can't even count the number of people I've met on this project that have changed my life forever. Thank you to each and every one of them. Although I'm sure I'll have days where I'm crying my face off (come on, it's me after all!), but today, I just feel lucky that I took this opportunity.
 
 
Bye for now!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Travels. See you when it's our turn. Love G&G xxoo

    ReplyDelete