Bad Quebec Day

Today is a bad Quebec day for me.


I'm tired of not knowing where to go, how to get there, or what's going on. We're in the thick of getting all our Canadian/Quebec documents like health care, car registration, new insurance, new driving licenses...you name it. All of these processes are completely foreign to me. It seems complicated - especially so because I'm not fully "thinking" in French (yet) which means I think in English first and then translate into French and it's exhausting. 99% of the time it's a mild annoyance, but today, I hate it all. 


I'm tired of not totally understanding and tired of being a foreigner. 



When I was an expat, at the end of the day, I came back to camp and spent most of my time with people like me. So I had the language thing, but at the end of the day I had like-minded people that spoke the same language as me. 


I hate to have a "poor me" defeatist attitude, but today, I'm just tired of all of the...French. 

Updated: Shortly after I post this, I had a sort of heart-to-heart with one of my step-daughters that made my night. Then, I figured out how to turn on the TV and found a channel that was showing TWO episodes of Modern Family - IN ENGLISH. Life ain't so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment