Quebec Life - To Do List II

A couple weeks ago, I wrote a post with a general update on Le Quebec, with my general "To Do List".

To Do List remains as:
  1. Find a job
  2. Plan Meals
  3. Work Out
  4. Adapt to Quebec Life
  5. Do whatever I can to be happy
  6. Lose Weight

1. Find a Job

Well...no real update on this one. I was waiting for a call back for a final interview with one company, but they decided they would go another route with another candidate. Part of me is kinda bummed...the other part of me thinks I was just ready to take the first job that may have been offered... I'm still on the job hunt, I've had a couple phone calls but nothing has materialised. I'm not really expecting a lot of activity in this area for the rest of July. It's holiday time and well, there just isn't anything out there right now.

One new news on this front to report is...I'm sick of talking about it and if asked, I probably won't say much. It's boring.

2. Plan Meals

Well, I'm getting better on this. I'm not finding I really have the drive to cook meals and if it were just me...I'd eat a lot of chicken and salad. So I'm often online looking for some recipes that fit with the nutrition goals that I'm trying to maintain.

3. Work Out

I signed up for an Online Bootcamp. I had the impression that there would be more of a personal trainer kinda feeling...so I've been left kinda disappointed. I've had a couple of chats with her...mentioned my...well...not thrilled-ness, but then just decided to go with the flow on this. I signed up for it and I'm on week 4 of the workouts (which are just a word document emailed out every Monday with about a 35 minute bootcamp-type workout) and I have to say that I've wanted to quit...but am really trying to see it through. I've had to make some adjustments because my knees are still bothering me (I worked out too much and too long using old runners), but so far, I've had a few inches of loss and am down a couple of pounds. So, although I'm not thrilled with the content delivery and support, the workouts that we are given are totally giving results. I'm now doing men's pushups where before I could barely do one! I go to the gym for my workouts and use the aerobics room when it's not in use. Yesterday I doin' my thing, paying attention to time because there was a class at 17h30 (it was 16h50) and people starting coming in! So not only did I have an audience, but I had a couple of annoyed ladies that come THIRTY minutes before their workout class to like, reserve a spot. It was kind of ridiculous...but oh well.

4. Adapt to Quebec Life

Urgh. Working on this. I signed up for this thing called "Meet Up" and basically it's a website where you can join different groups based on your interests and then there are "Meet Ups" and you can choose to "meet up" with them or not. I joined a ton of groups thinking...but have yet to actually go to a "meet up". This really puts me out of my comfort zone...but I think it's the best idea to socialize for now.

I still volunteer at yoga 2x/week...but that's soooooooo boring and for two hours all I do is run around cleaning in a totally silent environment and I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO BUT THINK, which isn't the best activity for me right now.

Anyway, I'm slowly trying to get out and do more things by myself, especially if it involves driving. I found that I always ask Louis to take me somewhere, when I'd rather go by myself (Sorry, Louis, I don't like grocery shopping with you....), just because I don't want to deal with potentially getting lost/crazy traffic. Both are something that I have to get used to, so this week I've really been making an effort to drive myself as much as I can.

5. Do Whatever I can to be Happy

Yeah. Still having some troubles processing all of the changes and also not working is kind of a dragggggggggggggg. Louis and I were just talking that we're going to be KICKING ourselves in a couple of months when we're working and realize that we had the entire summer to do whatever...but no job is starting to equal no stress. Ok...forget starting to....it's causing a lot of stress. Everyone can say, You'll find something, and I'm sure we will...but until that happens...it's kinda sucky. At the very least..

6. Lose Weight

Well, I think this will be on my To Do List for ever...but I've lost a couple of pounds and am paying more attention to what I eat...so...yeah, I don't have much else to say on that.


So overall, this update is exceptionally boring. Life is pretty dull around here....BUT it's temporary, and certainly an experience that I'm glad to be sharing with Louis. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment