An acquaintance that I know warned me not to like North Carolina too much, or I'll end up buying a house here.


While I think I'll purchase a house in Canada first...I can certainly see why he'd give me the half-joking warning. The weather here is awesome. Humid, hot, rarely any snow. The people here are down-to-earth (ok, let's forget the gun toters for a second) and everyone is RUDICULOUSLY nice & polite. Oh, and there's the southern drawl thing...love it.


I haven't done as much touring this time. I swear I've spent most of the vacation shopping for FOOD!!! Every flavour of pretzels for Louis. Chocolate covered EVERYTHING for the girls. And all the natural or health products that I've read about but have never been able to find in Canada. 

This afternoon, we walked the Historic Oakwood area, 

made up of old homes dating back to the early 1900s. 












Oh, and a conderate cemetary, which was a little surreal. 



I'm scheduled to come back mid-October and although I'm a little over the whole travelling thang, I can't wait to come back and see y'all in Raleigh. And drink copious amounts if Dunkin Donuts decaf iced coffee with BYOB coconut milk. 


It's becoming an unhealthy obsession!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment