A Break

When Louis and I decided to move back to Quebec together, we had some pretty specific plans. We had our ideas of what would happen when and we were both pretty excited...Well, I was a bit hesitant at first, but once the shock wore off, I was pretty excited.

And then absolutely nothing happened as planned and everything (ok, almost everything) completely derailed. It was if almost every obstacle in the book got in our way. As much as we've tried to keep things positive and future focused these last six months, man, it's been tough. We took one step forward and ten backward.

As hard as it's been, I'm thankful that we went through this together. Its tested our commitment and strength, and we've both been far from perfect, but it has also shown us both how committed and strong we are. Funny how life works, right?

Well, I think we've really got our first real break. After searching and coming up with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for nearly five months, I found not one, but TWO jobs. Both jobs were incredibly interesting for incredibly interesting, yet extraordinarily different companies. One felt like my "dream" job, and the other was a job that would give me the same challenges as my first job in Madagascar, but it was the perfect opportunity to learn from my experience. One was a step up in my career, although wasn't a permanent job (it's a contractual job that will most likely lead to a permanent placement) with no benefits while I'm a contractor. The other is a permanent job with all the bells and whistles and slightly higher pay.

Yesterday I went back and forth...unable to decide... and this morning I got a phone call telling me that my "dream" job was ready, all I had to do was sign the documents tomorrow at 10h30. I went with my gut, and took the riskier, no benefits, contractual job. I hate the word "contract" (if you're a longtime blog reader you know I've had some drama around contract renewal in the past!), but this is a different scene and a different concept all together. Everything happened so quickly it all feels a little like it's too-good-to-be-true, but I am very, very excited.

More details on the job after I've signed!

No comments:

Post a Comment