Then summer came. Looking for a job in the summer in Quebec IS POINTLESS. It's like the world shuts down over here. Nothing happens. Yes, summer in quite the thing in Montreal and I have to admit I liked it A LOT more than any summer in Alberta because it's hot, humid, and there's no snow. I'm still trying to adapt to Canadian temperatures...so I need the +32*C plus humidity for me to turn the heat off in my car.
So now, I have secured a job. Not only have I secured a job, but my DREAM JOB. My boss is awesome. The company is awesome, complex, with plenty of unique challenges and opportunities. It was all great in concept. BUT NOW I'M STARTING A NEW JOB. What does that mean?
- I have to take the train and metro about one hour each way
- I have to wake up at 0600 or earlier
- I have to get an alarm clock
- We'll have to learn how to take care of a house, cook, clean, etc. I'm in charge of house things and I won't have time to do everything I do now and I'm not thrilled about relingquishing control over this cause I kinda like things done my way
- I have to spend money and time on things like learning how to apply chique makeup, doing my nails, polishing/ironing/hanging up my work attire instead of folding up my yoga clothes in whatever drawer I feel like
- Walk through the cattle-like crowd in the mornings
- Work until 20h00 every 2nd week (for meetings. I get to come in later the next day. But I won't get home until very late)
- Will have to figure out a workout schedule. I know a lot of professionals do this crazy thing called walking up early to get their workouts in the day. Man. I don't have that capability.
- Deal with new job stress - which right now seems a lot bigger and more than it probably will be.