2015


Oh 2014. You were by far one of my most challenging years. I started off sick in bed, then went to Cuba with my BFF and came back to reconcile with Louis. I watched my grandfather become more & more ill. I moved across Canada to start again. 


It hasn't been an easy year for us. We were both unemployed for seven months, I went through a very dark depression (that I rarely write about publicly, but I'd really like to one day because I would love to save someone from going through the same medical mistakes that I went through because we didn't know how to get the proper medical care. It's really a lot more complex than one would think). Thankfully, after coming out of my dark place, I found a pretty cool job. It's only been two months but I think things are going well and can only get better. 


Louis is working away from home, something that I struggled with a lot the first week but managed to adapt to the second week pretty well. I'm not saying it's perfect, but it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I have plenty of anxieties about him leaving on Saturday, but only time will tell. I honestly can say/write that I don't have a clue how things will work out for us in 2015. 


Unemployment, illness, & coming back together after a separation is tough work. I hope we can look back on this time and be thankful that we loved each othe & were committed to each other to see the big picture. Either way, I wish & hope that both of us focus on living a happy, HEALTHY 2015. Enough of looking back, time to write about my favorite holiday to celebrate in Quebec, regardless of what's going on around! 

Last night I had a pretty fun time ringing in the new year with Louis' family. 

We were in Quebec City staying at Louis' mom's house. She forces us (I'm serious) to sleep in her room & it has magical powers. I sleep sooooo soundly that I don't even stir until noon. The dog sleeps in her cage until noon. We wake up feeling so rested & well. It puts a spell on us. 

We are too much, drank too much, and were entertained by all of the jokers in the family. 

Maggie wasbt such a fan of a house full with 17 people, but she seemed to appreciate being carried around in my sweater today. I used to carry my little dog like this year's and years ago. It calmed her down so much. 

So that's it. 2015 is here. I hope everyone spent the night with someone they love, I hope that everyone's wishes for 2015 come true. Including my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment