The Area

Hey there. Haven’t posted in a while.

I swear, moving to this region has totally changed my life. Ok, so going through a divorce will change my life too….but that aside…it’s amazing.





Pre-move, I woke up at 5am, arrived at work at 8am, left work at 5pm, and got home around 7pm, worked out, ate, and rushed to get ready for the next day.

Now?
I wake up at 6 or 630pm. I leave work at the same time (although I might stay a bit later now that I can to make up for some missed time), I get home, work out, eat, clean/unpack a bit, walk the dog AND IT’S 8PM. I have 2 hours with….NOTHING TO DO. Of course, there’s moving stuff that I could do non-stop, but I’ve decided to leave my place a mess and slowly work on it, instead of killing myself and not eat supper until 10pm like I tried to do the first week.

Last night after all was done, I grabbed the dog, went to Dollarama for a few things and the grocery store (where I took Maggie in with me – I carried her in a reusable bag…she was a champ!!), and then stopped for a mini-cone at the gelato place.

Ok, so don’t get me wrong. I’m going through a pretty stressful process and I have A HUGE swing of emotions every day….multiple times a day. Some days are better than others, some days I wonder how I possibly can make it through ONE MORE MINUTE. Last Saturday was a pretty big mess – ending up with me having a level 10 meltdown ON THE MAIN FREEWAY and there were no exits to be found. Not pretty. I was exhausted the rest of the day but had committed to helping my friend (also going through a divorce) and I thought that getting out would do me good. WRONG. I was sleepy, a bit disoriented, and should have just stayed home.

Also, my place is furnished by a younger guy. I have a papasan chair (google it!) and one arm chair, and my mattress and box spring are on the floor. But, it’s details. Maggie is loving it, I’m loving it…I feel like I actually have a life. It’s not all unicorns and skittles….the rough days are there, but living so close to work and in such a cool area helps me a lot.

I'll try to take more photos of my place and the area...it's toooooo cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment