Divorce sucks the life out of me.

I'm sure it's sucking the life out of my divorce-partner.

I go to bed every night praying that he's ok, that I'll be ok...and that I'll be able to get to work, stay focused, and get through the day. I also sit for a moment and truly appreciate all of the good things in my life.

Sure on Facebook, I'm this happy person posting funny photos or any kind of stupidities, but the truth is, I go from happy to bawling at the drop of a hat. Overall, I feel like I'm ok. And then, a memory. And I'll fall apart.

I'm very fortuuate to have made the friends that I've made here. I'm very fortunate that my....I don't even know what to call them... my ex-family (this is heartbreaking) allowed me to take the dog...who keeps me active and laughing a lot. I'm very fortunate to have my friends and family back West.

The divorce rate is around 50%. I don't know how 50% of the population can go through something so heartbreaking and devastating and soul crushing.

No comments:

Post a Comment