Maggie takes on Edmonton

Today was a very weird day. A mixture of relief, confusion, and intense sadness all mixed together.

I hope to work tomorrow and Friday, then head to Edmonton to be with my family and attend the celebration of my grandfather's life. 

No exaggeration - anyone who met the man loved him. I know people tend to glorify the deceased person, and no, my grandpa wasn't a perfect man, but he was a pretty freaking fantastic one, that words will never be able to describe. (But I will try to as I'm giving the eulogy at his funeral. It's still so surreal to type "funeral").

And, this thing 

Will be joining me. She's pretty much the most low maintenance, funny, precocious  creature and will bring a lot of comfort and laughter. My grandpa always wanted to meet her too. 

1 comment: