When it rains, it pours

Well, well, well.

I've spent the last 72 hours in a foggy state. A cross between depressed, frustrated, and tired, with the occasional moment of anger thrown in.

Friday midmorning I found out, in a rather backwards way, that my fate at my current job is very up in the air and that on Tuesday morning, around 9am, I'll find out if I lose my job.

I've been feeling pretty insecure there lately...missing a few weeks and taking time of to deal with death & divorce stuff certainly didn't help the situation.

While I'm hoping for good news on Tuesday, I'm trying (and failing) not to eat my weight in chocolate and ice cream...I'm trying to keep my spirits up...but it's a long weekend, I'm stressed, and I'm all alone. My best Montreal friend now has a boyfriend that takes up 99.9% of her time on the weekends (most weekends I can't even get ahold of her), and I've kind of been a loser and not going for drinks lately...I really haven't felt like it at all lately.

I generally don't mind spending time alone...but while I'm waiting to find out if I'm going to be on unemployment or not...it would be nice to have some non-bar related activity.

Tomorrow afternoon a friend is coming over and it's supposed to be nice out, so I'll start my day off with my first run in months (I've finally been given the ok to start!!!), followed by a dog walk and a coffee on a patio, then a friend hangout time, then maybe a massage if I can swing it?

That would be an awesome end to the day before I find out my fate.

Cross your fingers for me. ❤

1 comment:

  1. Perception is everything. If we focus on what we WANT, and it does not manifest, we perceive it as bad, when in fact, the real opportunity, the one we NEED, will show up in our life.

    Regardless, fingers-crossed <3

    ReplyDelete