Morale money

Pardon me if my writing is a little "Frenglish"....when I go back and forth some days I can't quite pick a language.

It is astonishing the size of impact that a change in environment can have on an individual. I knew in my heart by day two of my previous job that I wouldn't be a lifer there...but that I would make the best of it.

"The best of it" became too much for too long, had a direct impact on my productivity, confidence, and ultimately my happiness....but I had some other factors going on in the background....or the front ground, really...that didn't exactly help the situation.

Today was my first day at my new job. I am treated with respect, dignity, and valued - just like every other employee working there. Look, I totally expect to get shit on at multiple points at my time there....it's the nature of my job... But the company as a whole....well, I'm honestly in total shock and awe because these conditions are some that I haven't experienced in a long time.

I know I'm most likely seeing only the good...but I didn't have that feeling that I did at my previous job....where everyone was just a number with an expiration date...the details are not important...but what I've REALLY learned in the last couple of months, and what was truly enforced today, is that a company that reinvests even 0.005% of their profits into activities related to employee morale, save themselves an enormous amount of time, money, and lost productivity.

That's all I've got for now....I hope to continue to post more encouraging updates. I've decided that I really, really deserve it.

1 comment:

  1. you really, really, really do deserve it! Way to go sweetie!

    ReplyDelete