Survival of the Fittest

In my nearly thirty-six years, I've done some pretty impressive things. I'm not boasting or bragging, I think most of us have done some pretty impressive things, in our own way.

I've nearly summited Mount Kenya, off by 200 meters. I've managed to go to lunch by myself with no transportation but a rickshaw in the middle of an island off the coast of Africa after being in Madagascar for only one month. I have successfully filled my car with antifreeze liquid without anyone teaching me. (I'm serious. I was pretty proud of that last one!)

But what I can't seem to do - is get through this divorce.

I feel like I'm drowning.

I'm totally lost. I'm confused. I'm doubting myself, my actions, my convictions.

For every one time I've given in and said, Go ahead, have it your way; there have been three times that I've said, No way, over my dead body.

For what?

I've built a relationship, a marriage, a life. And now I've built an enemy.

I've lost a husband, a friend, and any resemblance of an amicable divorce.

I don't know what to do anymore to make this better, to make this go away, and I'm losing my....energy. Every action seems to be the wrong one...every reaction not making things any smoother.

So, from my list of seemingly insurmountable accomplishments...how can I add, "Survived divorce"?


No comments:

Post a Comment