21 Days


When I used to live with my ex, I had a very, very long commute to work each day. Every day, I would commute almost four hours in total. I DO NOT know how I did it and I don’t think I could do it again. I had to be so perfectly organized to have any chance of eating properly and/or working out during the week. Come the weekend, I was drained, but I had a list of chores and errands that needed to be done so that my week ran smoothly.

 

Once I found out about the divorce, I pretty much just let it all go to hell. No meal prep. Didn’t pick out my outfit for work the night before. I just kind of winged it. I didn’t have the energy to do anything.

 

When I got sick in the beginning of January, I found a store that sold real, whole, pre-portioned meals without preservatives, so I bought a bunch, bought stuff for my breakfast, and made whatever I had to for supper. Most suppers were a big salad with chicken or soup with a protein shake.  Too many suppers were the #1 Combo from the pizza joint the next block over….

 

Last weekend I decided enough was enough. I work out really hard….yet I’ve gained weight over the last two years. Yes, there are some other factors, but I needed to change the way I ate so that I can get healthier and have a more consistent diet.

 

In October 2014, I started Beachbody’s 21 Day Fix program and LOVED it. Seven different workouts for every day of the week, not lasting more than 30 minutes, working different muscle group, allowing for proper muscle recovery, plus a very simple meal plan. It’s nothing shocking or exciting or new, but presented in a very easy to manage way.

 

Since then, I’ve continued with several of Beachbody’s programs, but let the eating slide completely.



I decided last week that would change. I went to a local market that I had heard about last weekend and scoped out what produce was available. Until now, I’ve found crappy, expensive produce that hasn’t been very tasty. Well, Marché Jean Talon to the rescue. I spent roughly $40 (but could have spent less had I shopped around more) for MORE produce than I’ll need for the week. And I’m talking about expensive stuff like broccoli and brussel sprouts. There’s a choice between local or organic, plus a thousand billion different treats, should I have the interest.

 
 
 

This Sunday, I had a gluttonous brunch at my favorite restaurant, then went back to the market, to the supermarket, and then home to start my meal prep. A couple of hours later, I have every single morsel of food prepared for the entire week. EVERYTHING. And, I even had time to clean the kitchen floor and make  everything sparkly for the upcoming week.





The more exciting thing is that everything I prepared follows the 21 Day Fix eating plan – so I’ve decided to hop on board and try to be serious for the next three weeks. I stepped on the scale to see where I’m starting from and I’ll take my measurements tonight. I’m not expecting miracles, but I AM expecting a feeling of accomplishment as I eat my way through a bunch of healthy, prepared meals.




Of course, my main objective is to lose weight. But, I also love how I feel when I’m eating properly. The 21 Day Fix doesn’t really allow for junk food, but I will take cream in my coffee every morning and have the odd piece of dark chocolate…(which I did the first time and still had impressive results).




Then, it will be a week off from the super structured eating, and then back on it again because this meal prep thing is freaking fantastic.

 
 
 
I know that I’ve been going through a darker period that has my energy lower than usual, but I’m thankful that I had the energy to prep everything on Sunday, and I think that will keep me going for the next few weeks!

 



So thankful to have a good weekend and to start to feel like myself again!!

2 comments:

  1. Good for u, all one day at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not obligated to win. You're obligated to keep trying. To the best you can do everyday.
    _________________________
    This is funny game,you can try to play for free:RS Gold and Buy RS Gold

    ReplyDelete