Grocery Store Slave Labour

Well, the big boot cast is finally off. I have some kind of fancy pants tape on my ankle that is supposed to help the inside injury to recover in six weeks. I'm supposed to be able to use a cane...I went out and bought one (and then had the senior's special at iHop at 16h30 that night - kidding...) but I haven't been able to use it quite yet.

I am pretty impatient, especially because I thought that once the boot was off, I would be able to come and go as I please. I was able to drive to get my hair done and I was able to do little things here and there...oh, and I'm able to sleep most nights without waking up now, but I'm still pretty limited. I'm using one or two crutches and everything requires a lot of effort....and I'm sooooooo over it.


Even the dog finds it boring...

The good news is that I've been able to modify my Beachbody workouts (more on that later) so that I can do pilates or upper body workouts from my workout room (that's what the second bedroom has been turned into until I figure out what I'm doing with it). These are helping me keep my morale up a bit and I'm sure helping the other muscles in my body while my leg is healing.

Another physio appointment tomorrow....and I'm hoping for some good news. In the meantime, yes, my kitchen has been cleaned, and I'll leave you with two photos of how I get asked to take the dog out for a walk. Her technique lacks a little subtlety.

She asks to come up on my lap, and then tries to attack my face with dog kisses.

It's funny whenever someone comes to the door, Maggie runs down the stairs to greet them because she thinks they are there to walk her. But when it's my turn to walk her (which isn't half as fun because we walk about 100 meters), I have to near force her to come with me and she'll slowly make her way down the stairs, with TONS of encouragement. I haven't been able to figure out if she's really smart enough to be scared of these stairs because she saw me fall down them.

The dog, by the way, is healing perfectly now that she is missing fifteen of her teeth and manages to eat her hard food, play "goalie" (I throw her food at her, she stops it from going under the fridge) on a regular basis, and go for hour long walks with her dog walker (who will be laid off as soon as I'm able to walk her more than five steps).

Tomorrow I have lunch with the boy, physio, and then "choosing" my groceries. I go to the store, pick what I want, put it in a cart, pay for it, and then go home and a nice young man carries it up the two steps of death trap stairs and puts all of the groceries on my kitchen table. For the big ticket price of THREE DOLLARS. Nearly every store in my area offers this service.....I'm just not sure why I've been hauling my groceries around all this time. City living ain't so shappy.

Goodnight and wish me luck for tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment