22 Days, Part 1 - Vancouver

Well, I've started my 22 day tour..

First starting in Vancouver, then Edmonton, then Hawaii, then back to Edmonton.

I hadn't been to Vancouver in YEARS and couldn't decide what to do based on a long list of options... I'd love to just walk around....but I have this thing called a F*CKED up ankle....which seriously limits my activity.

Today's step count is 3644. Seriously.

But, yesterday's step count was in the 7500 range...so I'm paying for it today.


I'm very grateful that I'm able to walk again.....however....it's teasing me. I can do PIYO workouts 6 days a week (usually), but walking....KILLS me. I know that I've made a lot of progress, but I am so tired of not being able to do what I want to do.

I went shopping today for...maybe 45 - 60 minutes? My foot? Dead. In pain.


Not helping is that there's torrential downpour here. We had talked about visiting my grandma on Vancouver Island, I haven't seen her in YEARS, but with all of the storm warnings (that ended up being SO over kill), we figured that we'd just get stuck on the island or not be able to go at all. This is kind of a cop out for me...because I was pretty undecided if I was going to go or not....so Mother Nature decided for me.



Tomorrow I'm getting my hair done, a pedicure and manicure, so I'm getting all pretty. Which is nice....because I feel pretty far from pretty.


I know that weight is just a number....and I know that I am VERY strong and in very good shape (minus the ability to walk....), but I'm also at the heaviest I've been....taking medication that makes it extremely difficult to lose weight....and I'm kind of just over it. I'd like to just eat right and lose weight.....but that's not going to happen anytime soon. So patience and acceptance with my weight.
Patience and acceptance with my foot.


And enjoy my surroundings. As rainy and cold and windy as they may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment