Happy Thanksgiving ♥

Wow, I think I was on an Adele high after my last post. I'm still singing her songs and so thankful that I hung out with these four great chicks.


But today it kind of makes me sad that I don't know any people like that in Montreal. I had a group of friends when I was working at my first job, and we've stayed in contact, but I don't have any true, close friends. (Thankfully my very best friend is now only a three hour drive!!).

It's great to have acquaintances and I'm certainly taking steps to make more friends, but Montreal really let me down today.

I hate starting a sentence with, "In Alberta", but in Alberta, it's been my experience that if you know someone that doesn't have any close friends/family in the area, you invite them to your Thanksgiving celebration.

I ate brunch with a girlfriend on Sunday and she had to leave to make her contribution to her Thanksgiving dinner...I felt a little awkward. And lonely. 

So Maggie and I went and had a day walking around, chasing squirrels (um...her, not me, yet anyways), and then had a coffee outside on the terrace. Maggie is the biggest NOSY people watcher....it's fun to watch. I tried to make the best of the day...but I'm looking forward to having a break from Montreal.

In the meantime, Happy Thanksgiving. I have a lot to be grateful for.


5 comments: