Sappy moment...
I sometimes feel like I am the luckiest person in the whole world.
Apart from having amazing family, friends, and being healthy - I get to have this experience.
Most days, I barely know what is going on. I have been here working one month and haven't made enough progress for me to not feel useless (but I'm trying to give myself a break...the whole moving to the other side of the world with new cultures, environments, etc), and I don't know where anyhting is (I'm starting to figure out some things...sort of...), but I just really feel like I belong here.
I'm almost sacred to say that out loud.... and jinx that something might change and make me not love this experience... and I know, its my first rotation so its the honeymoon phase...but I have had so many moments here - good and bad - where I just feel like I've always needed to come here and this place is made for me to come here - even though I had never really thought about it. Actually - that's a lie - up until a few months ago, I had never thought about it!
And now I'm here. Working my ass off, but in the evenigs, I go home, watch the interesting interactions on the streets, then hit the highway and enjoy the scenery. And during the day at lunch, I always see things and do things that I would never have even dreamed of. And through it all,
I know there are hard days to come... I'm not going into this thinking that I'll always be in love with this experience, but I truly feel that I'll always be in love with my decision to come here. It is so amazing. Its really hard - but amazing.
And I feel like one of the luckiest people in the world!
Oh, and I promise to post about the actual "WORK" that I do here. I swear I do a lot of work!!!
Nicole
Apart from having amazing family, friends, and being healthy - I get to have this experience.
Most days, I barely know what is going on. I have been here working one month and haven't made enough progress for me to not feel useless (but I'm trying to give myself a break...the whole moving to the other side of the world with new cultures, environments, etc), and I don't know where anyhting is (I'm starting to figure out some things...sort of...), but I just really feel like I belong here.
I'm almost sacred to say that out loud.... and jinx that something might change and make me not love this experience... and I know, its my first rotation so its the honeymoon phase...but I have had so many moments here - good and bad - where I just feel like I've always needed to come here and this place is made for me to come here - even though I had never really thought about it. Actually - that's a lie - up until a few months ago, I had never thought about it!
And now I'm here. Working my ass off, but in the evenigs, I go home, watch the interesting interactions on the streets, then hit the highway and enjoy the scenery. And during the day at lunch, I always see things and do things that I would never have even dreamed of. And through it all,
I know there are hard days to come... I'm not going into this thinking that I'll always be in love with this experience, but I truly feel that I'll always be in love with my decision to come here. It is so amazing. Its really hard - but amazing.
And I feel like one of the luckiest people in the world!
Oh, and I promise to post about the actual "WORK" that I do here. I swear I do a lot of work!!!
Nicole
Comments
Post a Comment