Thursday, September 10th.




Its Thursday already?? September 10th!?!?! I have survived more than a month here!!

Today was a hard one so I really have to make sure I write down my “Five-a-Day”s.        

The five things that went well for me today are:

#1 - I found chocolate bars at the store today!! I won’t share how many I ate.
#2 -I received an invitation for an all day boat tour along the river on Sunday.
#3 - Zoolander is playing on TV tonight. One of my top three favourite movies!
#4 - Pineapple is back in the mess hall tonight! It’s been about a week since I’ve had it and I really look forward to it!!!
#5 – The connection on Skype was really clear today. I managed to get through to a few people...all of whom really helped to make me feel better.

I could go on and on about what makes a good day versus a bad day here – in a few quick sentences: I long for something familiar and predictable. Being a foreigner...really got to me.  I expect far too much from myself and am so incredibly not patient. I just want to know my job, know the country, and know how to do and want it all..well...like last week. Today – it really got to me. So, I had my breakdown(s), ate some chocolate, did some yoga, and am going to bed. Once I’m a bit less emotional, I’ll talk to the old expat dudes about it too. Sometimes it’s nice to hear that they’ve been there too.


Ok...tomorrow is another day... and it can only get better.

Comments