Toooo tired!!

I am just too tired to come up with a real post, but just had to write down today how beautiful is here and how lucky I am to be here.

I went to lunch with one of the most interesting people. My lunch mate has a PhD in Educational Sciences, is a trained Chemical Engineer, was a proffessor at Trois Rivieres and now works as some kind of trainer here to train the nationals. He was born in Morocco, spent a large portion of his life in Quebec, and has lived/worked all over Africa for the last… I don’t know… twenty years (he is… old).

Sometimes I get stuck in a routine here and go for lunch with the same people to the same places. Sure its still Madagascar, which is always interesting, but I forget that I’m surrounded with such incredibly interesting people and can't just stick with the same thing all the time.

Today I went to the most beautiful restaurant I have ever been to, talked to one of the most interesting people I have ever met, and had a great time.

Yes, I had a bit of a panic when I realized I had been gone for an hour and a half… that is the “typical” lunch hour here – but it’s so hard to get used to here! I think my theory on lunch has always been, Get in it and get ‘er done – and then back to work – for the most part. It’s a hard habit to break and just sit back and relax. But the scenery here and the company today definitely helps. I’d like to look back at this post in a year or so and be like – remember when I couldn’t relax during an hour lunch? OMG!


I had the craziest day where I didn’t even have time to pee – I feel like I’ve got nothing accomplished work-wise – yet somehow work my butt off – and I was a bit of a frenzied mess. I had planned on staying late – but finally at 18h30 (so I only worked a 10 hour day… the horror!!) – I said, Screw it, called the spa, made a massage appointment and headed on over for my weekly massage. It was fabulous and I am SO used to the nudity thing now. I don’t even think twice about it.

Since my driver had worked so late (he picks us up around 7h00 and stayed until past 19h30) I thought I should give him a tip. With all of my Malagasy lessons, I managed to say:
You work late. Very good. The money. He giggled (of course) and it was a very exciting moment for the both of us! I handed him $20,000 Ar (about $12) which he was also extremely happy about!

I had a hard, long one today (that’s what she said) but I hope the pictures I post later tomorrow show you all why it’s all worth it. The pictures can't begin to do justice to the scenery here….but maybe they can help to show you all just how amazing it is here.

And now…I’m off to watch my last disk of season 5 of The Office… I have been dreading this moment as much as I have been looking forward to it!! :)

Comments