Vacation brain....
I’ve been trying to keep track of the days since I’ve arrived in Australia – so that I’d have some funny or interesting blog posts – things that I’m doing, how I’m feeling, where I’m going, who I’m with, people I’m meeting, the beaches I’m loving – but really – since I’ve arrived, my brain has completely SHUT OFF (and thank god...it needed a break after this past rotation)...
But...ninety percent of the time, I don’t have a clue what time it is - which has only really sucked once when we went for supper and found out that it was almost 23h00 – and every single kitchen in Manly was closed for the night (but...actually – that wasn’t so bad because we all ended up buying meat pies, a bottle of wine, and drank out of paper cups on the beach). I never know what I’m doing the next day, or maybe the next hour....and I could really care less.
I think this is THE true definition of a real vacation.
Okay...so I’m not experiencing each and every one of Sydney’s highlights – but what I am doing is enjoying the different culture, food, and atmosphere. I’ve never been one to be a super tourist kind of person – taking a guided tour is almost painful for me. Twenty minutes at each special location, a guide speaking through a microphone telling the same jokes and cute anecdotes that she’s told a hundred times before and will continue to tell a thousand times more... That is SO not my travelling style.
When I go back to Tamatave, will I remember taking a tour of the famous opera house – or will I remember the long naps, relaxing days, road trips through Tasmania, the amazing meals, the walks by the produce stand, trying to listen to the people talking with funny accents, my surfing lessons (I hope to take them next week), and all the memories associated with them? I'm thinking the latter....
So...this is my official unapology if my blog kind of sucks if I’m on vacation. I still have the urge to write now and again, but doing a post every few days just to talk about what I did on vacation...is going to be seriously boring. Most days I eat, sleep, walk, nap, explore (in my own dorky way – I’m already getting a little collection of rocks, pictures of spiders, and photos of every single meal I eat....), and....relax.
Eventually I’ll post some of the highlights of my vacation and some interesting pictures, or a sporadic post here or there...but until then, my blog, and brain remain on vacation.
But...ninety percent of the time, I don’t have a clue what time it is - which has only really sucked once when we went for supper and found out that it was almost 23h00 – and every single kitchen in Manly was closed for the night (but...actually – that wasn’t so bad because we all ended up buying meat pies, a bottle of wine, and drank out of paper cups on the beach). I never know what I’m doing the next day, or maybe the next hour....and I could really care less.
I think this is THE true definition of a real vacation.
Okay...so I’m not experiencing each and every one of Sydney’s highlights – but what I am doing is enjoying the different culture, food, and atmosphere. I’ve never been one to be a super tourist kind of person – taking a guided tour is almost painful for me. Twenty minutes at each special location, a guide speaking through a microphone telling the same jokes and cute anecdotes that she’s told a hundred times before and will continue to tell a thousand times more... That is SO not my travelling style.
When I go back to Tamatave, will I remember taking a tour of the famous opera house – or will I remember the long naps, relaxing days, road trips through Tasmania, the amazing meals, the walks by the produce stand, trying to listen to the people talking with funny accents, my surfing lessons (I hope to take them next week), and all the memories associated with them? I'm thinking the latter....
So...this is my official unapology if my blog kind of sucks if I’m on vacation. I still have the urge to write now and again, but doing a post every few days just to talk about what I did on vacation...is going to be seriously boring. Most days I eat, sleep, walk, nap, explore (in my own dorky way – I’m already getting a little collection of rocks, pictures of spiders, and photos of every single meal I eat....), and....relax.
Eventually I’ll post some of the highlights of my vacation and some interesting pictures, or a sporadic post here or there...but until then, my blog, and brain remain on vacation.
As the Aussies would say good on ya. Have a swell time having a swell time. Write when you feel like it and just kick back and relax. Just like at t5he lake.Love G@G xxoo
ReplyDelete