Christmas Season
I don't know how many years it takes before it doesn't feel weird to see Christmas decorations when it's +35*C and sunny.
Independance Avenue has Christmas signs, the grocery stores have tacky garland everywhere and are playing Christmas songs, and just today, a mobile vendor (I have no idea what to call them - they hang around every store and sell sunglasses, dried fish, or watches) tried to sell me a mini santa suit or Santa hats. Toamasina is certainly experiencing the effects of having hundreds of foreigners moving into their city.
I hear Celine Dion signging Christmas music more often than I'd like (truth be told, I think more than 5 seconds is too much). But even driving around, it's like my eyes are seeing something that my brain can't compute.
Independance Avenue has Christmas signs, the grocery stores have tacky garland everywhere and are playing Christmas songs, and just today, a mobile vendor (I have no idea what to call them - they hang around every store and sell sunglasses, dried fish, or watches) tried to sell me a mini santa suit or Santa hats. Toamasina is certainly experiencing the effects of having hundreds of foreigners moving into their city.
I hear Celine Dion signging Christmas music more often than I'd like (truth be told, I think more than 5 seconds is too much). But even driving around, it's like my eyes are seeing something that my brain can't compute.
Comments
Post a Comment