Surprise!!!!!!!!

If you are reading this post, I am so excited!! It means that I kept THE BEST surprise!!!

I was originally scheduled to leave Madagascar and get back to Canada on December 20th (it always confuses me how I'm flying for more than 24 hours, but somehow I make it to Canada the same date I leave Madagascar).

A few weeks ago, my grandma emailed me and told me they were renting a hall and having a big party to celebrate my grandfather's SEVENTY-FIFTH birthday!! The party was scheduled for the 18. Two days before I got there. These are the kinds of things that kind of make me sad when I'm here. I hate missing out on stuff that goes on back in Canada.

Anyway, I told my grandparents that I wouldn't be able to go because my tickets were already booked.

But the next day, I thought I'd just check to see if it was possible. Well, guess what!? I could change all my flights from Madagascar to Canada, still stay business class all of the way (I know, I know, I'm a princess!!), and it would only cost me 240 EUR!! I have no idea how that is even possible - making fairly last minute changes - with different airlines - for such a small cost!!

To avoid paying a gazillion dollars, I have to leave one day earlier than I'd like, and then spend a day and a half in Paris. Poor me, I know. I booked a very nice, extremely convenient hotel room on points, so I'll arrive, rest if I need to and then go to Disneyland Paris!!! Okay, so I am going by myself....and I'm over thirty...but I don't care!! I really want to see it!! Especially all decorated for Christmas!!

Anyway, after my day at Disneyland Paris, I'll head back to the hotel and catch my flight the next afternoon. I'll fly to Montreal and then to Edmonton. I'll take a taxi to a hotel I booked (using points!) and then I'll just go to the hall party, maybe a few minutes late, and just walk in and be like, Hey!! Happy Birthday!!!

I'm so excited. In effort to keep me from not spilling the beans, I haven't written any real-time blog posts. I wrote all of my posts before hand and scheduled them to post during and after my flying times.

I have a million and a half things to do before I go (including finishing moving!!) but I'm super excited for the birthday party!!!

Comments

  1. Dear Princess, enjoy your holidays! Happy New Year and good health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And surprise us she did. We just about had a heart burst. What a wonderful surprise.Thankyou, Thankyou,Thankyou. Only you could have pulled it off. God Bless your heart.
    Love G&Gxxoo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment