Sunday and Monday
I want to start taking more pictures - hold on, let me rephrase.I want to start taking more better pictures. Yesterday and today is a fail.
Despite the most scenic drive ever, I didn't take one picture. Louis took these two while I was holding on praying that I wouldn't puke. Classy.
I started to feel like a real person by the time we got to the hotel a quick seven hours later. Not such a great shot of the two of us. I still look a little under the weather. Damn you rum, whiskey, champagne, wine, and tequila car sickness!
A few hours later, Louis and I went for supper. We're staying in the airport so we went to Hippotame. Gross and kind of a rip off. JUST KIND OF. I can't manage to turn this picture the right way, but I was obsessed with the idea that someone would order raw hamburger with a raw egg.
How can that even taste good? Do they validate your parking for the Emergency Room visit you'll have a few hours later?
pushed the food around so it look like it was sort of eaten ate and then...I started to hear angels singing.
And then back to the hotel. For some reason, sane people pay a ridiculous amount of money to stay at the Sheraton at the airport. It IS super convenient but it's not like the nicest hotel I've ever seen. We could have stayed in town in a cool area and walked around and stuff...but I booked our hotel around 230am on Sunday...so this is what we got.
Despite the most scenic drive ever, I didn't take one picture. Louis took these two while I was holding on praying that I wouldn't puke. Classy.
Like, seriously, I was NOT doing well.
The first picture I took in Paris. First thing I want when I get out of Madagascar is Starbucks and a salad.
How can that even taste good? Do they validate your parking for the Emergency Room visit you'll have a few hours later?
I ordered a very gross Ceasar salad. When in Rome...do as the Romans. When in Paris, don't order a freaking Ceasar salad.
I I'm a little under the weather, so I didn't order anything. But I had to go in "just to look". I will be back very early tomorrow morning!
There is this really cool thing that we keep walking past. It's the image of an aquarium on the floor, and when you step on the rocks of the "aquarium", the fish move and the water splashes. It's totally flat surface and I can't see how they have motion sensors or something. Anyway, I'm tired and easily amused, so I have thirty or so pictures of this oddity.And then back to the hotel. For some reason, sane people pay a ridiculous amount of money to stay at the Sheraton at the airport. It IS super convenient but it's not like the nicest hotel I've ever seen. We could have stayed in town in a cool area and walked around and stuff...but I booked our hotel around 230am on Sunday...so this is what we got.
As it's Valentine's Day tomorrow, we are thinking of something fun to do. We've both been here a few times, so we're trying to think of something new. You know you have real life problems when you're "stranded" in Paris trying to think of something to do on Valentine's Day.
Anyway, I'll be back tomorrow with some less boring pictures. Maybe even some good ones.
Comments
Post a Comment