Let's All Go For A Run February 11th, at 9am EST

February 11th, at 9am EST (7 pm Madagascar time) I'll be out for a run.

The Run for Sherry

I am an "alone" runner. I don't really want to run with anyone. I like listening to my music. I like having the time alone (even in the camp where everyone sees me). I like that I go for a run in an almost-crazed state and come back feeling calmer about everything in life.

When I lived in Canada, I would never run in an isolated area. I sometimes ran in the dark (there's not much choice in Alberta in the winter!), but I was in a well-trafficed area. As an "alone runner", I realize that this could be me. Or one of the many people that I know that run reguarly. Unfortunately, her story is not unique. But sometimes, the only thing that people can do when this kind of tragedy strikes is make a small gesture, showing that care and concern for the world that we live in.

I'm (very) slowly learning that I can't care about everything and everyone. But when I can do something as small as go for a run....I'll take that challenge on.

I can't (and don't want to) imagine what Sherry's loved ones are feeling. I would guess that they feel the world is a cold, cruel place. The support recieved through this run won't take away their pain or suffering. It won't bring back their mom, sister, daughter, or friend. But if for a second, it can help them see that there is more good than evil, than that's all I can hope for.

Comments