Italy Bike Trip, Day 5

Last night I was exhausted. I had a bit of a nap, woke up around 20h00 and figured I should have some supper. I went to the reception to find out where the restaurant is and I was told they didn't really have one. I got a map and directions to walk to the nearest town. Although it's not very far, the LAST thing I felt like doing was going to a restaurant. Okay the last thing I felt like doing was walking...so I asked here if there was any food around. She was SO helpful and for supper I had a wonderful caprese salad (buffalo mozzarella, tomato, and basil) and CHERRIES and a peach. It was FANTASTIC. All those people that are into eating "local food" really have something going. Fresh and local food is about a gazillion times better than imported, unorganic food. (Something I'd love to look into more, but don't have a ton - or any - options while I'm living in MG).

I ate in my room, looking out the window of this amazing little town, listening to the noises, and just enjoying my evening.

I slept well, but came up with this CRAZY idea. I checked the plan for the day. A 32km loop (rolling "hills" again) and then back to the hotel. So...what...if...I...ate...breakfast...and...went...back...to...bed??
I saw our tour guide and told him my plans and he was more than happy to show me some routes where I can go walking (after my after-breakfast nap) and then we'll meet at 17h00 for a wine tasting. P-E-R-F-E-C-T!! Day 1 was 27km, Day 2 was 40km, Day 3 was 42km, so I'm more than happy to not bike. To rest. To enjoy the scenery. To nap.....

This has been (and is!) an incredible vacation. I never know what it will be like, being away from Louis, being by myself, being in a new country....but this vacation has been over the top. I really, really needed something relaxing like this. The rough days in MG....I want to look back on the this time and remember how amazing everything can be.

Comments

  1. Nicole....you have the right approach...something to be said for the clever europians...they got this take it easy life figured out!
    enjoy, safe travels, love, mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment