OOps. Only four more days.

Our flight in the can't-come-soon-enough five days (or four days?) was a big stress for Louis and I. I wanted one FUCKING thing to be settled. Will I have a job next month? Who knows. Will the public freak out and will there be protests next week? Who knows. Will we get a permit? Who knows.

WILL I GET ON A PLANE ON SEPTEMBER FOURTH? Please for the love of chocolate - I need to have this confirmed. For my sanity and the sanity of everyone around me, please, please, please, I need to have this confirmed.

I know that there is a super high probability that something will go wrong in one part of our journey, but I don't care. I'm just clinging on to the fact that I had a flight booked.

And then, Luftstansa went on strike. So I started the search, monitoring availability, for other flights. Trying to decide...when should I book another flight....should I wait...how long should I wait? Should I royally piss Louis off and book us business class (he's all, "Let's be practical with our money, it's only ten hours out of our lives", and I'm all, "Economy. Seriously. Next you'll be asking me to buy my clothing at the thirty bamboo huts that line the main streets of Tamatave." [only sort of joking]).

So I'm travel stupid, and I think, dammit, our entire booking is made with Lufthansa. Joberg to Frankfurt, Frankfurt to Montreal. Except the Frankfurt to Montreal says, "Operated by Air Canada".
Well, I want to call Air Canada and ask them, that even though it's an AC operated flight, if Lufthansa goes on strike does this effect the Frankfurt to Montreal flight?

She's confused, I'm confused, I try to explain that yes, I'll take another flight to Frankfurt, I just need confirmation that the Montreal flight won't be cancelled because we booked with Lufthansa. We talk some more. She asks me, Are you sure you booked with Lufthansa?

I check. Nope. Booked with South African Airways. The whole trip. They aren't on strike. I apologized for waisting her time. I hung up. I put my head on my desk. And laughed. And then cried. I need a vacation.

Comments

  1. Oh My Goodness. What a good mistake.Thanks for letting us know. Travel safe with air Africa. Love and Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. see things turned out! S.African air not bad....safe travels back to Canada

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment