Back Home (one of them)

It's somewhat comforting that I was happy to get to where Louis, I, and the girls live tonight. It was seemed like a very, very long ride. My day started out a little rocky (I hate leaving, and I feel like seeing my family/friends for such a kind time is kind of like torture. I get to see just enough of them to really feel what I'm missing. I'll save that for another post).

Next was some upsetting news. I have a second cousin, who is very young (under thirty), that passed away last night due to a very serious infection. Although her and I were not close, the loss is felt throughout my entire family. Death is always shaking, but death for such a young person is even more unsettling.

I didn't sleep last night (cough and drank a coffee) and then didn't sleep on the plane.

I rented the car - and got lost in the freaking parking lot. Somehow I made it 90% of the way here, and then just lost it. No sense of direction, crying phone calls, coughing....I found my way to a drugstore parking lot and Louis came to get me. My reaction was a serious overreaction, but it's been a long day. It's been an emotionally taxing weekend. I am so happy I got my quick visit in, but I want to have more long visists. Soon.

Comments