Moving on

While I've been drinking Booster Juice, eating ice cream, sleeping, and rinsing with mouthwash (this seriously works like amazing when you're sick!), I've perked up a bit since my "I have no idea how to explain that coming to Edmonton is stressful which makes me feel like a freak" incident.

I had thought I had got enough sleep the first three nights in Canada, but when I think back, it was more like I slept like a baby - up every few hours. Obviously that didn't help my problem.

One of the contributing factors to me losing my mind, is that there are so many people here, so many things to do, and one of me. And one of me is supposed to be like "relaxing" on vacation so that I'm all charged up and well rested before I go to work. And, I feel guilty for not spending enough time with so-and-so, or making time for so-and-so, or not even seeing so-and-so, and the guilt kind of sucks me away sometimes.

Looking back, I was more anxious about the new family meeting my family than I thought. I didn't think I was nervous at all (both sides are equally wonderful and had been given background info on each other), but obviously I was.

Then, at the wedding, I noticed myself speaking a lot of French (which isn't super social if no one else speaks it). I noticed myself not quite sure where to sit or who to talk to and I paid a lot more (way too much) attention on what I "should" do to make everyone happy (or what I think makes everyone happy) and in the end, I just had to leave because I was exhausted.

I have to either come to terms that social events in Edmonton are going to make me a little crazy, or, beat myself up for having a fun time, but not having a super super fun time.

I had a bunch of things I wanted to do and a whole lot of people I wanted to see, but I think I'm going to have to keep it simple. Lunch with a good friend, spend the rest of my day with my mom, drive to see my grandparents Tuesday, meet up with whoever can make it for wings (which is sort of funny because I don't eat wings. They look too much like baby chickens to me) on Tuesday night, and then catch my flight to Montreal. That means I'm going to see like half of the people I wanted to, but there's only one of me.

When I'm in Montreal, I have 2 errands to do, 1 major Walmart trip, 1 major Costco trip, and then everything else on my to-do list is getting postponed. It's not important. I need to have fun, I need to relax, and enjoy the rest of my non-jet-lagged vacation (I think tomorrow I'll be almost over it).

Since all I've done is write about how much I suck the last 2 posts, I'll end with one of my really cool like, party trick, features. This, is how I wake up 99.9% of the time. If required to create this long, I use my fingers and back-comb my hair for about 30 seconds and get the same long lasting effect. I thought today's look was especially good for some reason.

Comments

  1. Our dearest child. You are way to hard on yourself. Noone has any expectation of you when your here but you. We all know that you'll do the best you can. Remember weddings are a very mixed social event where people don't mix. It's not unusual for folks to feel out of place. Your new family was beautiful and we all enjoyed them sooooooo much.We know they saw a little western hospitality and had a little fun.We had fun with the girls and you can be proud of them. They handled things perfectly. Louis was beautiful and the rest of the family think he is a real winner. So my darling you have it all so STOP WORRYING. OK Love G&Gxxoo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment