Questionning my Sanity Sometimes
Well wasn't that last post a bucket of sunshine.
This post is quick because I only have a few minutes before our next (and last) flight. We had to stay in the plane, on the ground for one hour on our flight to Frankfurt because apparently they have these things called "noise pollution laws" and airplanes can't fly over the city before 06h00. Wow! Anyway, it was uneventful and a very good supper.
Louis and I kind of acted like teenagers (or maybe younger??) but they had "rice balls" on the menu. I swear that the high altitude messes with your brain.
I've also found a cure for when I have my "I hate the entire world" moments when I travel. Well, maybe not a cure, but it helps. I DO NOT TALK. That way, I can't say anything cranky, or pissed off, or just annoying. The mood (that usually doesn't last too long anyway) goes away quicker and I haven't said something to try my travel partner's patience (um.. just since we're on the subject....he's not a prince 100% of the time either when we travel, but this whole "ten hour time change + waking up/sleeping in weird times while having to deal with airport staff" can have a....challenging environment). Moving on.
This airport lounge has a spa. My shoulders/back have been killing me so I went and had a massage, showered, and I have just enough time to take as many bananas and cookies to take with me to Canada (which is a stupid habit, because most of the time I have to throw away the bananas and I find the cookies in crumbs at the bottom of my purse a couple of months later....but there's just something that makes me excited that I can take all the fruit/cookies/water bottles that I can have. I know. I'm really 12).
One more flight & I'm back in Canada!!!
This post is quick because I only have a few minutes before our next (and last) flight. We had to stay in the plane, on the ground for one hour on our flight to Frankfurt because apparently they have these things called "noise pollution laws" and airplanes can't fly over the city before 06h00. Wow! Anyway, it was uneventful and a very good supper.
Louis and I kind of acted like teenagers (or maybe younger??) but they had "rice balls" on the menu. I swear that the high altitude messes with your brain.
I've also found a cure for when I have my "I hate the entire world" moments when I travel. Well, maybe not a cure, but it helps. I DO NOT TALK. That way, I can't say anything cranky, or pissed off, or just annoying. The mood (that usually doesn't last too long anyway) goes away quicker and I haven't said something to try my travel partner's patience (um.. just since we're on the subject....he's not a prince 100% of the time either when we travel, but this whole "ten hour time change + waking up/sleeping in weird times while having to deal with airport staff" can have a....challenging environment). Moving on.
This airport lounge has a spa. My shoulders/back have been killing me so I went and had a massage, showered, and I have just enough time to take as many bananas and cookies to take with me to Canada (which is a stupid habit, because most of the time I have to throw away the bananas and I find the cookies in crumbs at the bottom of my purse a couple of months later....but there's just something that makes me excited that I can take all the fruit/cookies/water bottles that I can have. I know. I'm really 12).
One more flight & I'm back in Canada!!!
Just hang in there. Your almost in Canada. Happy Landing. Welcome back.Love G@Gxxoo
ReplyDelete