Sunday

The blog post will be as equally sucky as the title.

Last night was my cousin's wedding. Very poor planning on my part to have arrive three days before his wedding, as typically I'm at my peak of  "overemotional zombie" jetlag stage. I was home by 22h30. My cousin and I go wayyyy back and I would have liked to look back on this day and night as a super good night that I danced the night away and came home a sweaty mess.  It was not in the cards.

A few reasons:
  • I smashed the rental car (just a tiny bit)
  • The rental car doesn't need a key to start. The keys have to be in your pocket or something and you just push a button. Is this not the stupidest idea EVER?? It is very, very confusing to someone who is going through sleep deprivation.
  • I am pretty sure I'm going to have to go to the medi-center today. I keep trying to think that my throat hurts just because it's dry here. It really hurts to swallow...so I think I've picked something up.
If none of the above reasons make any sense as to why I wouldn't have a super sweaty-mess-goofy-dancing-night at my cousin's wedding, here's the last one, which makes no sense at all.

I have no idea how to explain it with words, but coming back to Canada, especially Edmonton, is incredibly overwhelming and stressful. I love my family and friends and I hope to get to see them all before I leave, but I'm also sad, because my of my lack of ability to adjust to my "old" life for a couple days leaves me stressed, so I'm not enjoying my time with them as much.

I wish I could explain it better even to myself, then maybe I could figure out how to fix it. I had a fun night last night, but what kept it from being a super awesome amazing night - is me, and only me.

For now, I'm off to try to take a nap and get rid of this sore throat.

Comments