中国之行

This seems like a really long time.

It should be enough time to read my "China" book that has been in my possession for about...six months...but I just can't get through it. All the dynasties and rulers and wars and fights...I can't keep it all straight.

I am in love with this website called Trip It, where I email my flight confirmations and it keeps track of everything - including gate changes or flight times. It has a million other features but I can't be bothered to pay for the "premium" service...or figure out the rest of the cool things it can do.

Ok, let's talk China. It's FREAKING HUGE!! 9,598,000 km² (which is just a mere 396,000km² smaller than Canada's 9,985,000 km²)

I had a (false) impression that I wasn't travelling far because I wasn't crossing the ocean, but I'm racking up a few miles (or km) on my Aeroplan card:
Toamasina to Antananarivo: 45 minutes, 323 km
Antananarivo to Johannesburg: 3 hours 40 minutes, 2134 km
Johannesburg to Beijing: 14 hours and 30 minutes, 11702 km

Vacation travels, then:

Hong Kong to Johannesburg: 13 hours and 20 minutes, 10668 km
Johannesburg to Antananarivo: 3 hours and 10 minutes, 2134 km
Antanarivo to Toamasina: 45 minutes, 323km

So not including the travel in China, I'm in an airplane for a total of 36 hours and 10 minutes (which doesn't sound that long if I compare a trip to Canada) and a total of 27 284 km. Holy crap!


I haven't received the flying times/distances for our regional flights, but I don't think they are too long. We fly from Beijing to Xi'an, Xi'an to Guilin, drive to/from Yangsho, fly to Shanghai, and fly to Hong Kong. Wow.
 I seriously gotta get on my China reading...

Comments