Chi-visa
I've really been sucking in the organizational department in general for this China trip. Sure the trip was booked and paid for a gazillion days in advance, but the little things like....PACKING WARM CLOTHING....or....APPLYING FOR A VISA WHILE LIVING IN MADAGASCAR....kind of slipped my mind.
Warm clothing:
I'm so super smart and brought most of my warm stuff to Canada. Not thinking that 99.999999% of the time I'm leaving Madagascar to go somewhere colder. Not thinking again since I'll be in China in winter...
Luckily, I have been shipping (as cheap as possible) stuff to my mom's, I have a super nice expatriate bringing me a coat I ordered, and there's a few (reasonably priced) shops in the Johannesburg airport. Between the three, I'll have enough to get by, I think. I will certainly be spending lots on laundry costs...and will be trying to wash as much as I can by hand.
Then the visa...
I kept putting it off....
Then putting it off...
and in three weeks today, I'm on a flight to China.
Luckily there are two expatriates on the project that have been to China before and have applied for their visa in Madagascar. One of them gave me some basic information and the other one had more information but was away on leave. When she got back, I pissed around some more and then finally got in touch with her. Her driver called my driver and my driver went to find out where the embassy is. I was not about to waste my time during the day trying to figure out where to go. Then he went and checked out when I could come in.
Wednesday from 09h15 to 11h45.
Open one day a week....So...if the visa is ready in five working days...does that mean five weeks from now? Let's hope not. And if so....I'm pretty sure it's nothing that a few airiary can't fix. We'll see on Wednesday.
Warm clothing:
I'm so super smart and brought most of my warm stuff to Canada. Not thinking that 99.999999% of the time I'm leaving Madagascar to go somewhere colder. Not thinking again since I'll be in China in winter...
Luckily, I have been shipping (as cheap as possible) stuff to my mom's, I have a super nice expatriate bringing me a coat I ordered, and there's a few (reasonably priced) shops in the Johannesburg airport. Between the three, I'll have enough to get by, I think. I will certainly be spending lots on laundry costs...and will be trying to wash as much as I can by hand.
Then the visa...
I kept putting it off....
Then putting it off...
and in three weeks today, I'm on a flight to China.
Luckily there are two expatriates on the project that have been to China before and have applied for their visa in Madagascar. One of them gave me some basic information and the other one had more information but was away on leave. When she got back, I pissed around some more and then finally got in touch with her. Her driver called my driver and my driver went to find out where the embassy is. I was not about to waste my time during the day trying to figure out where to go. Then he went and checked out when I could come in.
Wednesday from 09h15 to 11h45.
Open one day a week....So...if the visa is ready in five working days...does that mean five weeks from now? Let's hope not. And if so....I'm pretty sure it's nothing that a few airiary can't fix. We'll see on Wednesday.
Comments
Post a Comment