More Flights!

Also, on a lighter note, I am so freaking excited to be flying into these airports. I am really, really, really bad at geography and until three (ok...maybe two) years ago I'm not sure I could point these places off on a map. Like, ok, I could get the correct continent...but other than that...eek.

I have a love/hate relationship with booking flights. I love to book them, want to do them as FAR as possible in advance, and get so excited that I know the airport codes (I know, I'm really 7 years old). I have a hate relationship because I CANNOT GRASP the concept of time differences, which usually means that I book a connecting flight on the wrong day and have to call the booking agency back, pay a fee, and then re-book.

This time, I've booked my flights with Louis, so I think we're covered. January I'm going to Edmonton and then to Montreal so we booked our flights earlier this week.
We fly:
  • Toamasina to Antananarivo
  • Antananarivo to Johannesburg
  • Johannesburg to Zurich (I love this airport)
  • Zurich to Toronto
  • Toronto to Edmonton
Hang out in Etown for a bit
  • Edmonton to Montreal
Finish our rotation in Montreal
  • Montreal to Toronto
  • Toronto to Munich
  • Munich to Johannesburg
  • Johannesburg to Antananarivo
  • Antananarivo to Toamasina

We have the option to fly direct from Montreal to Frankfurt, but neither of us really liked Frankfurt and we loved our drive from Munich to Austria. (Sorry, I'm kind of obsessed with seeing the maps and distances right now because even though I know I'm flying far, I really, really can't grasp the concept that I'm really living THAT far away from home. Like I said in my long winded story, there's parts of this that I don't think you can ever get used to. The kilometers flown on the four flights to Edmonton is 20,043km. That means 40,086km round trip!? That's insane! [For the non-metric, that's 12454.143 and  24908.286 miles, respectively[)
Louis kind of drives me crazy because he's like SO interested in knowing where he sits and chosing the best seats. I am well aware that this benefits me too and that I'll be happy with the best seats but for some reason, I hate to think about that detail. Well, obviously I'm soooooooo way out of the touch with technology and the trends, because there is even a website telling you which seat is best on all airlines and different types of flights. He sent me this link,
that shows that we are in "the coolest" business seats on the plane that we get served first. (Actually, that is kind of a big deal when you're ready to sleep but hungry). I'm still getting over my amazement of Trip It so I'm not ready to really start looking at this one.

(One time we did get to be in the first cabins and they are insane. I got up to go to the washroom and I came back and my BED was made for me. Sheets and everything. THAT blew my mind.) (And yes, I realize that I'm super lucky to travel business, but I understand why it's called "business" because if you're flying all of the time on flights that are 8, 9, or 10+ hours...it makes A HUGE difference.) (I also know in a couple of years I'll look back on my "business flight days" and be really, really jealous of the people flying in business.)

Anyways, I'm very excited to freeze my a$$ off in a few months.

Comments

  1. We're happy that your coming to freeze your a$$ off too. Love G&Bxxoo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment