Turtle Love

I plan on sorting through my pictures and seeing if I got any good lemur shots or anything like that, but I wasn't in photo-tourist mood.

Louis and I went to the lemur park/zoo (which is only about 15-20 minutes out of town. Actually, at one point we saw a sign that said it was only 4km away and because the roads were so bad, I'm pretty sure we could have walked there in just over the amount of time it takes to drive there. But it's summer and it's hot and I had already ran in the heat, so we drove. That - and we're lazy).

While there wasn't really anything spectacular, and the lemurs that are outside of the cages STINK like no other STINK I've experienced (which is really saying a lot after spending a few summers here), but it was OH EMM GEEE so nice to just get out of camp.

I leave plant site and I leave camp usually once or twice during the week, but it's always for either to get groceries or cash, or to get a massage (which I have REALLY decided that I'm not doing anymore. I'm always waiting for it to be over and I think that defeats the entire point of the massage).

Leaving site for no good reason? I haven't felt so relaxed in a really, really long time. We were gone for all of...four hours maybe? But it was so awesome. We still got to sleep in and do our (respective) Sunday morning routines. After the park we were both sweaty (I was muddy - shocking) so we decided to go for a dip in the pool. The pool temperature right now is PERFECT and it won't be that way for long. In a couple of weeks it will feel like bathwater, which is not so fun.

After the pool we went to the bar for supper and on the way home one of our friends FORCED me, practically holding me at gunpoint, to take some of the chocolates he brought back for Halloween. Not great since I've joined Weight Watchers Online this week...and now I've used up all my "Weekly Bonus Points" until Wednesday. Oh, well.

After the bar, I went back onto to Mixbook to work some more on the photo books I'm making for the girls. This on-line scrapbooking is pretty amazing but oooooooohhhhhhhhhhh so time consuming. (I had to take a break from it for a week because I was getting too annoyed at doing it and it's supposed to be "fun")

Overall, a very, very good Sunday.


Ok, one last thing and I realize this makes me look like some kind of weirdo (umm.....apart from like, every other post I write?!), but we thought these turtles were fighting...so I took a video. The noise Mr. Turtle makes is hilarious. Yup, I'm that mature (and a very bad videographer).

Comments