Airport Bitching

I was up before 05h00 because I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!

I'm off to see the best friend in the whole world and her family! Three of the cutest and funniest kids EVER that I haven't seen since LAST JUNE! That seems ridiculous!!!!

I was being all nervous about the car drop off, getting a taxi on time, & then I just said (in my head), "Screw it. You've done this a million times before in different countries, quit worrying!" which is like a big step for me! (I wish I was being sarcastic....

I'm dropping the car off at the girls' place for Laurie to have for the week and also because the taxi fare is $25 less from their place. I would have asked her for a ride...but at 06h30 on a Sunday morning the day after her graduation ball, well...maybe next time. 

The taxi receptionist was a super jerk, pissed off at me because I didn't know that they lived in a specific neighbourhood. I gave him the address...what more does he need? I told him I could give him the postal code and he rudely told me that there's only one street with the name I gave him and its in that area!!! So why are you asking me then!?!!

Nearly everytime I've taken a taxi, I've had to give them directions. I could understand if it was like ten years ago and GPS didn't exist, or if it wasn't their job to like, KNOW how to get places!!! 

I had to call a second time and five minutes later a taxi showed up. Unfortunately, he's the taxi driver I had coming from the airport, who got so lost (I had specific directions) and asked for a tip TWO TIMES that he got none...so maybe the 40 minute time was payback. Ok, enough complaining....I guess I'm just a little worn out of the back-and-forth to the airport. 

However, by noon today I'll be with my favorite peeps!!!!!!!!

And in ten minutes, I'll be having a Starbucks!!!!!

Comments