Family Supper Night

I know my last last post was me being a little sad, but I did really have a good evening last night.

I picked up Louis' girls from school, 

{I'm  not sure why sending this text made me so happy, but it did :)}

(OHHHHH MYYYY, school parking lots with idiot parent drivers!!!)

and then we want to Sears to get the watch I found in Amsterdam for Claudie's birthday sized. (I kinda wanted her to hate the watch so that I could keep it...I nearly wore it out one night!!)

Then it was back home to make supper. And everything fell into the same routine, I'll cook, Laurie makes the salad, Claudie sets the table while we chat and listen to the radio. 

I have to admit that I was a little nervous because its the first time we've hung out while Louis' been out of the country, so it was so nice that everything was just the same as before! I'm not sure why it would be any different...but I guess I'm never sure of my role and ( given my own experiences....) I'm super sensitive to not effecting the girls in any negative way, even though at one point or another I'm going to upset one of them (if I haven't already) but...well I have to get over worrying so much about it. 

Anyway, we had a nice supper and a nice time together!

I'm not sure how often we'll see each other while Louis is away (and while its exam time!), but I'm happy that we're at the point where we like to be around each other. 

It was really, really, really nice evening. 

Comments