Today Didn't Suck

Well, today didn't suck.

I'm not sure how many days I can say that this week...and I'm not going to look back, but I'm happy that today didn't suck.

I want to have less negativity on my blog...I want be thankful for the many blessings that I do have (starting with a dry home), I want to be more content with my current situation. But I have to learn how to not want all of that RIGHT THIS SECOND.

I say that I want to stimulate my brain, but then complain that I missed the University registration deadlines. Why not start an outline for a book to write about my experiences? I've started to write a gazillion times, but then never continued. I didn't want my outlet/hobby to start being work. But now that I'm...not working, and missing the feeling that comes with working...why not give it a try? I don't need to make a living out of it, and even if only three people get a copy, I'll still have something to look back on for the rest of my life.

I also have so many pictures of my China trip that haven't been sorted, and most recently, my 7-week-tour that I wanted to put up, especially those in the Czech Republic. (Ok, so maybe working with a half ass broken computer isn't the best idea to start uploading pictures, but I can do it after I get my computer fixed).

I say that I'm lonely...but do I venture out other than to do errands and spinning class? I haven't gone to any shows, gone on-line to see what events are happening, etc. It's a little bit like the movie, I Love You, Man, and I don't have to be on the hunt for friends...but I may meet someone or at least chat with someone if I get out more.

Another thing that I'm considering with is going back to Edmonton after Louis returns to Madagascar. This isn't something that I can afford to do every time he's here, but if I'm hanging around, I may as well hang around in Edmonton for a rotation?

As for work (that like, pays money) - this hasn't made my worry list (yet). I've had some interest and everything looks positive, but I haven't found anything that seems like a real match. I knew that this would take time, and thinking that I'll find something perfect in a month isn't realistic.

Today I was pretty busy, I ran outside, I had some low moments, but they were few and far between, I didn't get to have supper with the girls, but I did go to Dairy Queen with one of them, and...well...I hate to say this, but I'm kind of happy because I returned their dog. Never have I met a more high maintenance creature. :D

So, today didn't suck, which is really, really awesome.

Comments