Step. Step. Step. Step.

For now, I've decided to remove the "Work Outs" page from my blog. It was mainly for me anyway, but I'm no longer in a state of mind where I have to push myself that much to exercise. If anything, I try not to run too often because I know that even if I do a short run every day, my body won't thank me.

My July Wishlist included spinning twice a week and running once a week. That may not have been the best planning while Louis was here. I managed to get to a class, but since our days are all over the place, running seems to be my best "go to" to work out.

While I'm trying to continue to lose weight (which is a lot harder when Louis is here with me!!!), I don't run in any way, shape, or form to lose weight. I run because I feel that it brings me sanity.

Right now, I feel extremely out of control. There are too many changes all going on at once. While Louis has been home, I've felt so happy and releived, but I know that I'm up for more hard times again at some point in the next six weeks. While I'm better planned and prepared for what's to come, it doesn't make it any easier when I'm having a bad day.

I really love spinning, and it's a far more intense workout for me, that helps with anxiety/worrying and is great when I feel too lazy to push myself. Or socialize...a bit... :)

But running is different. I rarely run the "same" type of run regularly. I've written before about an app called Ease Into 5k. I don't use it to train for a 5km, I use it to vary my runs. I can use my run to do 60 second sprints, or a 30 minute straight run, a 40 minute run - broken up by 8 minute chunks with a rest in between. That's how I like it. Every single run is new and every single run is hard. I don't aspire to be a fast runner or a competitive runner or ever improve.

If I'm in a super good mood, that's awesome! Those runs are much easier! If I run when I'm super pissed off, that sucks. But those runs are super fast! If I run when I'm feeling really sad or lonely, it sucks. The runs feels never ending and super crappy.

But the end result is always the same - I've proven to myself - in thirty to forty minutes - that all I have to do is keep pushing and put one foot in front of the other. No matter how much it sucked or I was hot or I had no music, I made the choice to continue to put one foot in front of the other. I always have the choice to stop. But I don't.

Put
one
foot
in
front
of
the
other.

And repeat.

Comments

  1. Good for you Kiddo. That's all that's required of us. Just put one foot in front of the other. Talk to you soon. Love G&G xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment