Fancy Sauce
Well, it was a freakin shit show to get here, but I made it.
I'm having a harder time here, I don't think I would ever vacation in Casablanca. I just can't get my head around this place! I think most people go to Fes or Marrakech.
I'm far too timid here, uncertain of how my status as a woman should or should not change the way that I behave. I'm respectful with my dress, but I'm not brave enough to be as aggressive as one generally needs to be as a traveller in Africa. I think I'll be more confident when Allen and Silvia get here.
Apparently this is a super hard place to find, because my taxi driver had to consult with at least 9 people, all the while never knowing where to go.
It all seemed like a bad dream and then I got here.
Air conditioning, friendly, welcoming staff, mint tea on arrival, and a plate of fruit and cookies. I think this is pretty standard fare in a lot of hotels, but after the day I had yesterday, it just made everything better.
I'm on the rooftop patio right now, which is very welcome in this busy metropolis!!
As we start the touring part of the trip tomorrow, I doubt that I'll have any access to Internet. I could be wrong, but we're taking a 4x4 (and the occasional camel!!) through the desert and mountains, so I don't expect to be online much until we get to Marrakech, on September 1st. (Can I live that long without the Internet?!).
I'm having a harder time here, I don't think I would ever vacation in Casablanca. I just can't get my head around this place! I think most people go to Fes or Marrakech.
I'm far too timid here, uncertain of how my status as a woman should or should not change the way that I behave. I'm respectful with my dress, but I'm not brave enough to be as aggressive as one generally needs to be as a traveller in Africa. I think I'll be more confident when Allen and Silvia get here.
Apparently this is a super hard place to find, because my taxi driver had to consult with at least 9 people, all the while never knowing where to go.
It all seemed like a bad dream and then I got here.
Air conditioning, friendly, welcoming staff, mint tea on arrival, and a plate of fruit and cookies. I think this is pretty standard fare in a lot of hotels, but after the day I had yesterday, it just made everything better.
I'm on the rooftop patio right now, which is very welcome in this busy metropolis!!
I had a nice lunch if some kind of fish, and they classed up my can of Coca but pouring it into a carafe. Livin' it up!!!
I just finished my laundry
and am waiting for my pals who should be arriving very shortly!!!









Comments
Post a Comment